Accuracy preview does not update when accuracy value is edited in uploader

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox, Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/upload

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Accuracy value has been entered and focus has been moved to the Longitude field, but map has not updated.

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): To set the locations of observations during upload I generally either geotag photos before uploading and then enter a value for location accuracy or select a point from the map view and then enter an accuracy value (I don’t care for the absurd 16 decimal places that you get if you click and drag to set accuracy, although I realize it doesn’t matter). It used to be that when I entered and accuracy value and then clicked in a different field, the “bubble” on the map showing the accuracy radius around the point would update, but it no longer does this unless I make a change to a value or selection in a different field. It will appear on the observation map once uploaded, but I liked having that quick visual during the location-setting process. Minor annoyance, but it has thrown off my process. Tried two different browsers. Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere - I can never seem to find what I’m looking for with the forum search.

Step 1: Add images to upload tool

Step 2: Open the location pop-up menu

Step 3: Enter a value in the “Acc (m)” field

Step 4: Click or tab to a different field in the location menu - no change to map

Step 5: CHANGE something in a different field in the location menu - map updates with accuracy radius bubble

1 Like

It’s been doing this for me for about a month.

Likely related to this bug report that has been filed on GitHub:
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/accuracy-not-visualised-on-the-map-when-set/31859

1 Like

Correct, it’s the same bug. I’m going to close this bug report to focus conversation on the original bug report.

1 Like