Location editing map defaults to entire world

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

When I go to “Edit” for an observation, the map view defaults to the whole planet:

I have to push the “+” button 17 times (!) in order to zoom in far enough to be able to reasonably edit the location and accuracy circle.

Why isn’t the map defaulting to a more reasonable zoom? As is, this could result in repetitive stress injury from too much mousing.

8 Likes

I’m annoyed by this also!

2 Likes

This has been an annoyance for a very long time!

This isn’t a bug, it’s always been like this. The observation edit page is pretty ancient and is in need of a rewrite. I’ll see if we can have it zoom in more closely by defualt, but it’s unlikely much will change until the page is rewritten.

1 Like