I was adding some observations today and after a couple I noticed that my photos and identification I made on my page have become mixed up. For example when I select my bumble bee observation, the cover photo is of my fly agaric mushroom observation, though the bee photo is there if I scroll over. I am unsure wether people viewing my observations see the wrong photos as well.
I too have seen similar behavior in the Android app. When I check from a desktop browser I usually find that everything is as I intended it to be. Eventually the app seems to sort this out for the most part, so I have come to suspect that there are underlying back end indexing, app synchronization, connectivity, and app cache issues involved. Over time and with app updates the observations, thumbnails, and names displayed seem to eventually come out in agreement with what I intended and see in the desktop version.
Probably some sort of caching issue. If you pull down on your list of observations to refresh them, does that change anything? If not, can you please send us log files from the app? To send log files, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.
Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.
Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android 9.0
App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): 1.17.16 (405)
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:
Alas I spoke too soon. The images of cordyline banksia are no longer showing in the grey butcherbird observation that I just uploaded. But these images are not showing in the observation it’s meant to be showing, and as shown in the Google Photos URL that observation instead shows a photo of an Australian white ibis on a warehouse roof.
Previously I saw other mixed up media in other observations but don’t now, e.g.
OK, we found one small bug in the log files you sent, and will have a fix out in a future release. There is another bug, but the logs don’t show enough of that bug, and it could be tougher to fix. Please send more log files if this keeps happening with new observation, the log needs to contain information from when the observation was created.