Temporarily mismatched photos after crash and restart

The app crashed, saying there was a bug. I agreed to restart it. Some observations were then displayed with the wrong photos.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.30.13 (606)

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: The list of observations (some of which have not yet been synced) associates … hmm, well, thankfully, it is already resolved by scrolling down and scrolling back up, but it shouldn’t have happened in the first place. I was starting to say the second row of the grid associates taxon names with images from previous observations. In the first screenshot, the Perching Birds observation in the right column, which correctly shows the icon for a sound recording, displays a photo of a larva (or maybe worm) from an observation 5 rows down in the grid; the middle cell of the second row associates the name Apioideae with a photo of kelp from 5 rows down; similarly, the left cell of the second row.

Step 2: However, when I scrolled down to see what image was associated with the provisional fly larva, that image was correct, and when I scrolled back up, the image of the perching bird was also correct.

Step 3:

What happens if you log out of the app and log back in, or clear the app’s cache? Sometimes the cache can get discombobulated.

If I recall correctly, I did clear the cache as was suggested to me during the session, but I couldn’t tell you exactly when.
I haven’t seen any recurrence of the problem. I’ll see what I can find if the app crashes again sometime. (I haven’t pushed it to do anything very resource-intensive since I finished syncing my bioblitz observations.) Tnx.

1 Like