Pictures mixed up on the app

Hi!

I tried to upload a photo someone sent me from Whatsapp to iNaturalist Android, and now, all my photos are mixed up in my observations.

Apparently, this only affected the app, on the website, my osbservations are fine.

Thanks!

This does happen ın the app, esp. ıf you scroll up and down really fasy, but database ıs not affected at all - i just close and open the app to get everything back ınto order.

Closing and opening again did not change anything but I uninstalled and re-installed the app and now everything is back to normal.

Thanks!

Which version of the app you using?

Also, it’s best to not upload photos given to you by others, your observations should be your own.

If this happens again can you please send us a log file as soon as possible? To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to us.

@tiwane

I’m using the 1.11.30 (354) version.

I agree with you, I always upload my own observations, I was with the person who made the picture when it was taken but I did not have any camera or phone with me at that moment.

Noted, will do if it happens again.

Thanks!

2 Likes