34 Likes

Edit: Maybe it should be genre?

13 Likes

9 Likes

My humour is a little bit stupid

19 Likes

I love stupid!

3 Likes

Saw a new one today. Although I don’t think I’ve seen many actual bugs under rocks. I’d rather this be a log…

28 Likes

Fun fact of the day, 99% of wasp species are non-aggressive and live solitarily : insects (reddit.com)

A bit silly and funny, like all good memes

13 Likes

agree so much…
I like wasps and spiders and it’s kind of sad to see “kill it with fire” directed at any picture of a wasp or spider, or just any arthropod all the time. Once I was watching a video of YouTube about Megarhyssa ichneumonid wasps and someone commented “so gross, I killed one in my house the day before!” even though they are harmless and quite rare…
BTW, this also applies to weevils (Curculionoidea, Coleoptera), they are often described as pests but the vast majority of species feed on wild plants.

9 Likes

And very ikely thata person killed something totally different, because they couldn’t see the different between totally different insects.

5 Likes

That’s possible too.

2 Likes

This has to be one of the funniest because it is true :sweat_smile:

1 Like

27 Likes

and

14 Likes

Image result for nature memes

14 Likes

I’ve seen that so much! You could be forgiven with the Muscovy though, it’s such a strange-looking duck! I thought it was a duck-chicken when I first saw one.

3 Likes

Ahh But when you rase the camera to your eye it has gone

7 Likes

tbf I am always impressed by bird folk ability to ID off of shody photos. Including mine since I dont have a birding lens. Just posted a kingfisher tonight, I figured out genus, but in minutes of being on iNat it is confirmed 2 ID’s at species.

7 Likes

Misusing the format, but hopefully it works…

11 Likes

Yeah, I have seen that kind of 2 minute response too with the feathered ones. But then I thought, if you compare the number of bird species in any given locale at a given time, the list of choices is relatively tiny compared to say, most of the invertebrate or green world.

I think this explains the expediency of most mammal IDs too.

So with limited choices, even god-awful focus and pixel shortage can still be enough to work.

6 Likes

Absolutely dying at the moth complementing the bright screen. :rofl:

In offense of splitters:

pantropical fish

Based on an actual honest-to-god true story:

Why, yes, I do make all my memes in MS Paint. How did you know?

12 Likes