Nature-inspired memes

Me, proceeding to look up the black-naped pheasant pigeon:

13 Likes

I thought this up recently and now I want to print this quote out and put it on my door.

46 Likes

I’d hang that on my wall!

2 Likes

And if you do identify all the plants on your walk, you are probably not walking fast enough or far enough for the walk to count as Real Exercise.

3 Likes

Ah… I used to be a brisk walker (like some of you). Then, the botany bug bit me. Now I just botany crawl everywhere. Room for improvement there. I’ll give you that!
Let me make an argument, though: In terms of well-being,

Smelling flowers = happiness in little things = happiness
Plants = happiness in little things (IIF you = arnanthescout or some other people) = happiness
IF plants are everywhere (plants = everywhere)
Substitute [plants = happiness]
Happiness = everywhere

I might not be getting exercise. but if happiness is exercising your appreciation in the little things in life, then from the stipules to the indumentum to the bracts and anthers, I am rocking it :sunglasses:

7 Likes

relateable and understandable. Same with me too

1 Like

8 Likes

- “Just don’t identify it Rosa chinensis just because the AI told you it was.”

I once tried to tackle that taxon with another person. It was one of the few times I saw people actually withdraw their observations from public ID.

4 Likes

Which is why I added “preferably to species” :laughing:

Try your best, have a hands lens, a good flora book (or two)… and when in complete confusion shelve it for your future self to figure out.

2 Likes

I may walk a lot slower now, not burning the calories… but I have gained more muscle and balance by the repeated squatting to photograph ground dwellers! It’s a good trade-off!

5 Likes

So true!

Just be cautious, for a week now I can’t properly walk because of the pain in muscles around the hip joint after walking/squatting too much.

2 Likes

My danger time is coming soon enough… the snow melt and stepping where I can’t judge well. A few years ago I pulled my groin muscle with one wrong step. That took months (MONTHS!!!) to heal.

5 Likes

download

12 Likes

20 Likes

An observation of a chia pet out in the wild? Nice find!

4 Likes

10 Likes

The prophercy has been fulfilled :)

21 Likes

Yessssss, embrace itttt

1 Like

Sorry but I couldn’t resist creating this…

15 Likes