Not receiving notifications for comments associated with agreeing IDs

no notification :(

1 Like

Can you provide a list of steps for the method you used to add the ID and comment? I just tried this using my test account to add an agreeing ID and comment to one of my observagtions and received a notification.

Here’s what I did.

1. Went to the observation’s page and clicked on Suggest an Identification.
  2. Searched for Taraxacum and selected it.

1. Wrote the comment.
  2. Tabbed to Done and hit enter on my keyboard.
1 Like

I added IDs and steps in comments in that test observation, did it generate notifications about the comments, or just the ID?

The second one did, but it was a more specific ID - it was a section ID, not a genus ID - so it would have generated a notification anyway.

Your first ID: I don’t think we generate notifications when an identification note is added to an ID.

2 Likes

Is that a bug or a feature?

If it’s a bug, maybe such comments should notify the user, especially since some folks disable notification on agreeing ID.

If it’s a feature, maybe embedded comments inside the ID should be disabled entirely, since they don’t generate a notification.

I know I sometimes think of a comment afterward and would prefer to attach it to ID since seems like the ability to do so is there. I’ll try another one, where I @ you in the embedded comment.

Made a bug report: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3621

1 Like