I don’t know if this might have the same root cause as a previously reported bug, and I can’t figure out how to replicate, but I’m hoping maybe someone else has ideas.
I’ve noticed now with two separate taxa that some observations are stuck in Needs ID when they shouldn’t be. In the first case, I made a taxon change that involved moving around subspecies and I inactivated some during the re-grafting process. Once I re-activated them, observations that had two agreeing subspecies level IDs were left at Needs ID. But if any ID on the observation was species level, it was correctly in RG. I came across a second case today. There was a subspecies already in the taxonomy that had a few IDs but was inexplicably inactive. I activated the subspecies, but some observations with only subspecies IDs were still Needs ID.
I tried to replicate, but always ended up with RG.
I should add that in these cases, the observations claim to have no Community Taxon.