Observation's pictures won't show in Identify

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

See this observation: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/7456542 . Pictures look fine here, but in Identify, they look like this:

1 Like

i see no problems. maybe try clearing your browser cache and try again?

if you really want someone else to dig deeper into this, you’ll probably have to open up your browser’s developer tools and take a snapshot of the console screen at the very least to see if any errors are being logged.

2 Likes

I went to identify again and filtered on the date of this observation so I could easily find it. There were only three observations of this species on that date. This time it worked fine. I do think something funny is going on though. I’ve looked at jillions of photos in the last month and don’t recall any other observations where this happened. And this photo is not typical. If I recall, I merged two photos in photoshop and then outputted in some format, possibly TIFF. Anyway, perhaps it’s no big deal.