Odonata species is flagged in iNaturalist as endagered

I have recorded this species, Austrolestes minjerriba, recently and it is shown as red EN in iNaturalist. When I look at the IUCN redbook list it is shown as LC, Least Concern, https://www.iucnredlist.org/species/163534/14676345#population. Is the iNaturalist a previous listing or is it reflecting just a local listing of Endangered?
Thanks,
Greg

The broken link to the IUCN page suggests it may be an older status. I’ve just fixed the link and updated the status.

Hi @gjn - if you come across an issue with a taxon, click Curation on the taxon page, then Flag for curation:

It’ll pop up with a small box, but you can leave a short comment, save, and then use the comments section to add a longer note. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you, was not sure about the flag symbol and what it was used for.

2 Likes

A comment. Sometimes an abundant species may be classed as ‘Endangered’ in one area. I come across this with Noctuid moths - they may be at the northern edge of their range, or the habitat is marginal for them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.