Photos not showing for "Visually Similar" taxa on Suggestions tab of Identify and Compare tool on observation detail page

Platform: Website

Browser : Chrome, on multiple Windows computers and phone

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: In Identify, click on an observation, or from a regular observation page (not in Identify) click on the Compare button on an existing ID to bring up the comparison tool.

Step 2: If you’re using the Identify interface, switch tabs on the right-hand pane from Info to Suggestions.

Notice that taxon photos load normally when Source is set to Observations:

Step 3:
Switch Source from Observations to Visually Similar. All taxa show as No Photos.

For me this behavior is the same on all devices. Photos also seem to load normally for other Source options, such as Checklist.

4 Likes

@bouteloua , for titling purposes, note that this is also true for the Compare tool from observations, not only in Identify.

I began experiencing the same issue today on Edge.

:+1: thanks, feel free to update your topic title too (if you can?)

I can – I just saw you’d changed it and didn’t know how much detail you were trying to include.

I just noticed compare wasn’t working on Android either.

Reported to our devs.

1 Like

Should be working now, it looks good on my computer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.