Preparing for... the winter. (Sigh)

Sometimes when all the noise is removed it lets you focus, like @anon83178471 says.

I know for some people the shorter daylight feels like less opportunity outside though, so when you do need to be indoors, I wonder if there is any little niche of bugs you feel drawn to that you have noticed feels unaddressed or underaddressed. It could be a good time to “burrow in”! You could do a deep dive into that bug, even build a model or do a detailed drawing or painting (did you peek at the nature art thread? It is incredibly inspiring!) and become that bug’s best admirer here and beyond.

I love Mexican Pitted-Stingless Bees, and over the last few years I have learned so much about them, but people love to ID them so there just is not a need for me to do so. But maybe there is a bug who needs you!

I am currently waiting out Tropical Storm Karl’s trajectory (and battling a killer migraine to go with it) but have decided if it heads this way and we lose power for any length of time I will break out paper and pencils and try my hand at a drawing.

7 Likes