Presenting a project as a slide show

I want to show the observations in my project as a slideshow on my laptop at a table outdoors outside a closed nature center. I have shown videos this way before and that part works. I was shown how to make the project grid of photos into a slideshow by adding _slideshow to usage stats. It is very very slow. How can you adjust that?

I like the first slides, but wonder if there is a way to skip the “Top Observers”? I am experimenting with how to use iNaturalist to draw in people passing by or viewing at a museum who may not rush out to download the app. Can you give me suggestions or good examples of use of iNat in this way? Thanks. Katie

2 Likes

elaborate, please.

1 Like

This was created for the National Park Service Centennial BioBlitz, for display on a jumbotron in Washington, DC and it hasn’t really been developed since. There is no way to control or adjust it.

2 Likes

ah, i see.

this:
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/7110/stats

becomes this:
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/7110/stats_slideshow

1 Like

The slideshow feature worked but was slow with more photos than optimal/page for a laptop display. I am wondering if there would be objection to creating one’s own powerpoint or google-slides presentation using the iNat logo frame and counts of obs/species/observers/etc as a background, using photos uploaded to iNat with cc permission and, as I usually do, asking the photographer. This most likely infringes on iNat copyright and I would not do without perission, but just wondering.
Katie

1 Like

I have taken screen shots of iNaturalist observations to show on powerpoint and google-slides. Checking copyright permissions is important, as you stated. I really don’t see the harm in it. Especially so people see that there is an entire platform on iNaturalist.

I suggest including screenshots that show how people interact with each other - determining an identification (especially when the original poster did not know what it was), even the comments that discuss what is going on in the photo or if a person think that the original poster may have found something particularly interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.