Question about the Guide Feature

Hello all,

Is there a way to add the photos from particular observations along with custom descriptions to a type of guide, project or another iNaturalist feature?

Recently I have been dabbling in the project and guide features of iNaturalist and I have been impressed by the quality and accessibility of the features and how well they can help compile lists and observations of local species in a scientifically useful manner. A large focus of mine is to document the biodiversity of the Southern Appalachians, and recently I have been working with the Blue Ridge Discovery Center (@blueridgediscoverycenter) to create some informative guides or projects about the biodiversity of the center’s property.

I am curious if there is a way to use the guide or project features to add photographs from observations on the property and descriptions of local and endemic plants, animals and fungi that go into more detail about the life history of the species on a very regional scale. Or is there a way to create such a guide through another iNaturalist feature/program?

Many endemic species without descriptions on iNaturalist and local variations of species exist in the Whitetop Mountain area, and it would be very helpful if there is a way to document and share such information through iNaturalist’s easily accessible format. Such a system would also create a more interactive and educational approach to identification, allowing visitors to Blue Ridge Discovery Center to locate and comparatively identify notable species on the property. If anyone knows a method through which I could create such a local guide, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,

-Cade

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.