Recommendations for gloves

COVID really brought out the cruelty in that regard – when people insist that your sensory trigger “is such an easy thing to do,” and get angry if you tell them otherwise.

Not strong enough.

Depending on how his individual sensory issue works, gloves with open fingers might be too bothersome. When I wore those, I was constantly rubbing at the part where the glove’s finger ended and my skin began. It bothered me in the exact same way as a hole in my sock where my toes pop out.

1 Like

There also exists special stick-on material intended for gloves. It’s often listed under “Capacitive Touch Sticker” or “Conductive Touch Screen Stickers” and similar. A variety of materials are used to make them, including conductive cotton for some.

2 Likes

You might want to experiment with compression gloves for the sensitivity. They have really helped me and they work as a great underlayer for other gloves/mittens.

My arthritis has made that pad below the thumb (I forget what it’s called) sensitive to the point where it is irritating to brush the heel of my hand over anything. The compression gloves have helped enormously with that. I wear them all the time because of it.

It might help your son to try a pair. I have found they are all about the same as far as working so you could try a cheap pair at first to see if they provide any relief.

Just a thought…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.