Reports from projects

Hi,

I have set up a project to monitor biodiversity changes at a beaver reintroduction site. I want to regularly extract data from the project so I can track changes over time. I can see how to run a report on observations for the project and download the data but is there any way for me to save my preferences on which data items I export? I don’t need all of the columns but at the moment I have to manually deselect the ones I don’t want each time I run an extract.

Thanks,

Alex

I don’t think there is a way to save an export format like this in iNat itself (ie some type of preference on your account), but there’s a couple of things you could look into

You could probably use either the API and/or a script in your language of choice to create a reproducible report. If you’re planning on doing any kind of analysis, this would be an ideal first step anyways.

You might also be able to see the request sent to iNat once you set all the options on the export page and then just resend this - guessing it goes to the API (I don’t actually know how that works, so I can’t be more detailed which I realize isn’t too helpful). It just seems like it should be possible!

It might also matter if you are dealing with hidden coordinates or not in which case your method might need to ensure that you are logged in in some way.

1 Like

Thanks, I will take a look and see what is possible. I’m not too worried about hidden coordinates but thanks for flagging this. I had thought about writing a simple macro to delete the unwanted fields and I think that might be the easiest way to deal with it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.