Scirpus pungens disappeared?

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices:

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I tried to identify this as Scirpus pungens. I typed that into the “Suggest an Identification” line. The only Scirpus pungens options I got were subspecies, not the species.

Note: I think I was wrong and it’s a Juncus, but the lack of Scirpus pungens as a species is still a problem.

I’m not seeing any names recently deleted from the taxon page for Schoenoplectus pungens. I did go ahead and add the synonym though.

Thank you!