Scrolling problem with drop-down menus when adding new observations

When adding new observations, the drop-down menus occasionally are longer than the page, and scrolling down doesn’t work.
For example: In the “Details” section, when I select “Species name” I cannot see all the options.

I can access them by either:

1. zooming out by pressing command- on my mac (and then using a magnifying glass to read them); or
  2. by selecting “Species name” within the observation, where scrolling does work.

Same thing with “Fields”, except there is no option 2).

I tried it in both Firefox and in Safari - same problem. I’m on a MacBook Pro, using Sierra OS.

1 Like

I find I have the same problem and just have to try to work around it, usually by giving up and doing something creative in some other way. Solutions? I have none. This is especially frustrating when I’m not using full screen and I go to full screen and the list disappears.

1 Like

Definitely a buggy, but a quick workaround would be to not use the taxon chooser in the side menu and use the one on the observation card instead.

3 Likes

The ‘Species name’ has been fixed - Thank You!

I haven’t checked yet whether ‘Fields’ has also been fixed.

2 Likes

Still the same problem with ‘Fields’. It would be great if they were also enclosed with a scroll-down box.

Can you provide a screenshot if this is still happening?

Here it is. Scrolling doesn’t work - I zoom out (command -) to get to the ‘Add’ button.

1 Like

Yes, I have this problem too. If you know there is an Add button, then once you’ve filled in the field, press TAB (which takes you to the button you can’t see) and press Enter. That’s what I’ve used as a workaround so far…

2 Likes

Which browser versions are you using?

Brave 1.3.115 on Linux