Search engine with problems with word brazil

i’m not sure what you’re thinking of as a fix.

as far as i can tell, the system is working as designed, though there are definitely issues with the design of the location vs place filters. if you’re saying that the way those filters are presented to users should be redesigned, i doubt that many people would disagree with that, but i don’t think bringing up the Brasil / Brazil case again and again in this thread is going to more quickly lead to any change in that direction.

iNat staff have brought up in the past their intention to revamp the Explore page, and when they asked for suggestions for changes that should be made as part of the revamp, this problem was brought up more than once (ex. https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/ideas-for-a-revamped-explore-observations-search-page/8439/21), and it has been brought up many times elsewhere in the forum since then as well.

so i’m fairly certain the staff are well aware of the problem. one day the problem will be addressed, but i suspect we will have to wait until the Explore page is revamped to see any action. in the meantime, we just need to help educate others on how to best use the page as it exists.

3 Likes