Seek app and phone cameras

I couldn’t find a category or thread that already addressed this, and I have downloaded and read the user guide. My phone has a built-in macro lens below the main lens, which switches on almost seamlessly in the camera app.

When using the Seek app this camera is not detected at all and I can’t focus on small arthropods or flowers less than about 10mm.

Would it be better to just import the pictures? Is there a way to get the app to use every available lens?

1 Like

It was discussed once but only about iNat app, there app can’t get to most of settings your native app has (and second camera too), so likely Seek is the same.

2 Likes

I could never warm up to the Seek app, it is just no fun to use for me. I vastly prefer the iNat app.

In any event, I prefer taking pictures with the native phone app which takes advantage of the full potential of the in-built lenses. The final result is better, in my opinion, when I select the photo(s) to upload from the phone’s photo gallery, crop it/them to size on the phone (either with the native editor or a third-party app – like ‘Photo and Picture Resizer’ which allows to crop and resize to 2 MB with less loss of crispness than the native editor), and only THEN upload the cropped and resized photo(s) via the iNat app. Repeated cropping within the iNat app leads to a loss of clarity and crispness with each successive step.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.