"settings saved" timestamp incorrect

Platform: Web on latest Firefox

URL: https://www.inaturalist.org/people/1909106/edit#content

Screenshot:

Description of problem: (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.)

Step 1: Make a change to settings (in this case, in licensing).

Step 2: Hit blue Save Settings button. Wait a little.

Step 3: Save Settings button is now grey. Text appears to the left: “Saved at 5:30 am”.

It is not 5:30 am. Nor is it 17:30. My computer might be off by a minute, but not more than that and it says the time is 17:36, EST (GMT -4).

end of bug report.

While we are at it, there are some accessibility and UX problems I have with the page as well.

1. There is no indication that changes are in progress (such as when a large change is made, e.g. retroactively applying a new license to thousands of observations, which can take a full few minutes). The button stays blue after it is clicked.
  2. The medium grey text on white background is perfectly legible to me, but I have very good eyesight [18/20] and young eyes. I worry that people with poor vision will struggle with the low contrast. This is compounded by the fact that the explanatory text is relatively small.
1 Like

I’ve also noticed that it sometimes takes me several tries of clicking on the button for it to work.