Species not showing up under My Observations

I have been using the Seek app for several weeks now and I love the fact that it helps me identify plants and insects. My problem is that I can’t find the new species that I find under the My Observations tab, apart from the first 6 plants and 1 insect I first identified. What am I doing wrong? Would love some help. Have tried to contact on twitter but haven’t received a reply after 2 weeks. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi ctb,

Yes, we don’t offer support via Twitter, but we do here and at help@inaturalist.org. This does sound like a bug but it’s difficult to investigate without some specific details. Can you please share:

• Which device you are using, and which version of the Seek app is on your phone?
  • What permissions you have given Seek, especially whether or not you have given the app permission to know your location
  • A screenshot of the screen that shows you have seen a new species. Here are instructions for how to take a screenshot on several types of devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

If you don’t want to share that here you can email help@inaturalist.org.

Hi there,

I realised my mistake - observations don’t get recorded if Location is not switched to ‘on’.

Thank you.