Suggestions not showing when trying to @-mention someone

Is anyone else having issues with the user suggestions for mentions? I’m not getting any suggestions as I type, although if I type it all out it will link to the profile. I assume it’s still sending people notifications because I’m still getting notifications, but it makes it significantly harder to @ mention others.
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.23.53 AM
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.23.31 AM

Not sure exactly how long this has been happening, maybe a week or more. Bug report?

2 Likes

Yes, same with me on web using Firefox; noticed a couple of days ago. Would agree it warrants a bug report.

1 Like

(moved this to #bug-reports)

Filed a bug report here, but I personally like not seeing the laggy suggestions pop-up appearing… ;-)

@ mentions do still generate notifications

3 Likes

I can sympathize, but it’s also a task to remember exactly how everyone’s username is spelled.

5 Likes

For sure, and that’s why it’s there and why I filed a bug report for it.

4 Likes

First noticed this myself yesterday with Chrome on Windows 10. Continues today.

1 Like

Noticed today. I also agree that they are laggy, but I have trouble remembering certain usernames,

2 Likes

I’ve been encountering this on and off for the last year. The bulk of usernames that I @mention to are in a snipet that I add with textblaze, and then just delete all but the ones I want. Because I have that work-around, I’ve just never bothered to investigate what might be the cause of the lags…

1 Like

This has been fixed:

3 Likes