"Taxa curated" number lower than it should be

I’ve been taking screenshots every morning (California time) for the past few days. Thursday and Friday mornings were 756, this morning (June 25th) I saw 738.

1 Like

750 now

Have you curated any taxa in the last week or so?

Made a Github issue here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3476

1 Like

Aside from creating taxa and taxon changes, not really. Maybe 5.

1 Like

mine has just gone down too; last night it was in the low 400s, and it’s now 398 (and that’s after having curated some more taxa this morning too)

1 Like

still an issue with this; I’ve added 10+ species in the past week, no. of taxa curated hasn’t moved

I don’t think taxa we’ve added count towards taxa curated. That might be newish though.

I think it does count because I have (or had, not sure what it shows other people) a pretty decent number of taxa curated but it’s only from adding. Or adding names, if that’s counted, but I suspect it isn’t. If it doesn’t count adding taxa, I don’t know what a good couple hundred of my “taxa curated” would be.

Interesting. If it counted taxa added I would expect to have several hundred more as I need to create names for many of the swaps I do.

1 Like

currently at 6661 taxa curated (2022-10-16).
Back in May my taxa curated count was over 7000

2 Likes

Dec 29th 2022.
curated taxa still dropping, even though I’ve added several hundred species since October.
current stats at https://www.inaturalist.org/people
hkmoths:
6583 taxa curated | 1287 taxon changes added | 184 flags resolved

Also, my entry has been absent most of the last few months, and only shows a day or so after activity.
This is really weird - why do people with no curation actions at all show up in that case?

I agree it is weird that a bunch of curators with no activity show up, while others with lots of activity sometimes don’t.

Here’s an example of inconsistency with my stats. If I look at the iNat NZ curators leader board I am number 1 …

But if I look at the iNat leader board I don’t appear at all, and yet my stats indicate I should be there, with more curations, swaps and flags than many who do appear.

That’s today at least. It may have changed by tomorrow.

2 Likes

well the mystery continues…
Two days ago I added another 30 or so taxa and still my contribution is not showing up.
The top 10 has only three of the 10 from @cooperj post 10 days ago

What about adding the curator stats to one’s profile page? At least then one can see / keep track of the metrics used . . .

1 Like

Again, I don’t think taxa added count towards taxa curated. And people being missing is a separate issue. I have thought about making a feature request to see curator stats (maybe on the profile?) and would vote for one if you made it.

3 Likes