Taxon Swap bumping things to not-RG, despite auto-swap and plenty of ID's

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): On website but I’m guessing it is showing same everywhere

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: Bunches on identify page

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Despite having more than enough for RG, and users set to auto taxon-swap, there are a bunch of non-RG observations now. See screenshots. If I click agree, it moves it to RG. This happens even on observations with 3+ agreeing ID’s and no dissenting, everyone taxon-swapped.

It also did this to all who did not auto-taxon-swap, but I don’t know if that is normal site behaviour.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

If the taxon swap just went through, sometimes it can take a while for the system to reindex. Since it did change when you clicked agree, this indicates it might be a reindexing issue. You can also test by ticking a DQA on and off. If that fixes it, it’s probably a reindexing issue. Sometimes it just takes a little time for that to go through, other times there seem to be observations that never reindex without some manual input from a user - I don’t know if there’s a definitive answer for why that happens sometimes, but others may know!

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t know it was normal :) It was just today, as I cleared out stuff yesterday so it is fresh and probably that.