Thank you to the people who make iNaturalist possible!

I’ve been thinking lately, and I make bug reports or a topic whenever something isn’t working, or I don’t understand something, but when it is fixed, the people who fixed it usually just get a short thank you. So I wanted to give a big, grateful thank you to everyone who has not only made iNaturalist possible, but also made it a wonderful, happy place to observe nature. The iNat Staff, curators, moderators, and perhaps the biggest part of all, the community who go out of their way to answer so kindly and explain, are all what holds iNaturalist together, so thank you for everything!

79 Likes

I agree–especially now. Thank you, all. iNat is providing a space to be free of worry and a place to focus on nature when everything else seems pretty grim. It gives me hope. So, I’m grateful it’s here as well.

27 Likes

Hear hear

8 Likes

One of the essential services which make our life that bit easier in lockdown.
iNat, and so grateful to have a space where I can garden for diversity - then bring my pictures here WHAT is that please?

11 Likes

It should be shouted from the (distant) rooftops. THANK YOU!

8 Likes

Here! Here! They tackle an insurmountable number of issues on a daily basis that I’m sure we aren’t even aware of! This is my favorite place to be, and it has so few problems - even with the enormous number of files being uploaded! The people are wonderful, kind and informative - what a great environment, especially for budding naturalists! <3

12 Likes

I’d like to add my voice to that. I believe that the rule “assume people mean no harm” is a belief we should all carry forward. I am grateful for this platform. And to everyone who works to make it so great.

13 Likes

hurrah! i agree! so impressed by how prolific some posters are, how good the photographs, how diligent the identifiers!

11 Likes

Thank you so much everyone who’s identified my observations, encouraged and explained things to me, and so much more. I’ve learned so much from everybody, and it’s been amazing to see the community grow so much over the past two years.
Thank you!

11 Likes

Truly. It’s really amazing how many people donate their time to help, help the community and by extension, non-human animals as well. Thanks all!

8 Likes

Gr8 comment. I agree. Good’on’ya :-)

5 Likes

A big hearty thank you from me too!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.