The gray tags next to user names

I have noticed that @fffffffff has a gray tag next to her name, Активный пользователь. I ran this through Google translate, and it comes out as “Active user.” Occasionally I see other people with “Regular” next to their name.

For iNaturalist staff and forum moderators, it is quite clear to me where the tags come from and how a person gets them. But for the others – where do they come from? Is it related to the trust levels? It doesn’t seem to be, because my profile shows me currently at “regular,” but my replies don’t have the “Regular” tag beside them. How do these gray tags work, exactly?

2 Likes

Regular at least is related to Trust Level. You earn it when you reach Trust Level 3. It’s a badge which you can choose to have it as a title. You can read more about it here:
https://forum.inaturalist.org/badges/3/regular?username=that_bug_guy

I had that, and then it went away… I got this whole notice that I was a Regular user, but I don’t see it in my badges and I’m not on this list anymore. Apparently it can be given and taken away… odd

…i havn’t broken any rules to my knowledge, I just got the notice of that like 2 weeks ago too. Huh.

1 Like

Badges / Regular

Regular

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

You can use this badge as a title <---- I think this is how you get it to show up below your name

2 Likes

yeah I got that a few weeks ago, but now it’s gone…
I remember reading it and going “oh…okay…no idea how to recategorise and stuff, so I won’t mess with anything but coolio” internal happy dance because i am 5 and like stickers

Now I wonder what I did wrong to get it removed… :(

Really?

I went looking and didn’t find it xD i was curious about that too

I assume this is an option for these forums but iNat doesn’t have one

4 Likes

Nothing, it’s being added and withdrawn based on your level of activity, I don’t remember what exactly you need to di and how much, but it’s written somewhere in description of trust levels.

1 Like

I’ve been regular off and on a few times. I’ve had periods where I’ve been off grid or on the road with poor data access naturalizing so my focus on the forum has been greatly interupted - I become inactive so I guess by whatever logarithm the system uses I loose my status - but that’s so okay because I’ve been busy and my observations are up and my species count is up.

Meaning of “regular” on iNat forum profiles

What additional privileges (if any) does Regular status in this forum

2 Likes

It was something about logging on 100 days in a row, but it seems weird to deny that for missing a day or two, I’ve been on pretty regularly even if I don’t post. I suppose it just doesn’t make sense haha

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.