Meaning of "regular" on iNat forum profiles

Near some users’ names, there is a “regular” mark. What does this mean?

1 Like

It means they have passed the Discourse criteria for reaching that trust level. Here is the criteria:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

Must have visited at least 50% of days

Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics

Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)

Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

*These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

7 Likes

regular check

1 Like

Means abnormally high level of activity on forum

9 Likes

Why, I say!

2 Likes

How dare you call me out like this

2 Likes

Hah! You’re not even a regular @dinofelis…:) I was at one point but guess I lost it.

2 Likes

It is also a personal choice as to whether Regular is displayed beside one’s name or not - not everyone who has a Regular badge selects “You can use this badge as a title :pencil2:
Currently 36 have this badge.

5 Likes

The best way to put it!

2 Likes

@dinofelis & @cthawley You are both Regulars – it shows up as one of the Badges you have earned in your Profile. You can make “Regular” show up next to your name in your posts by changing the “Title” option in your Preferences or as @bobmcd mentions clicking on the “Regular” badge in your Profile and selecting “You can use this badge as a title :pencil2:

3 Likes

Interesting, it came up for me for a while and I never did anything to turn it on; that’s actually how I found out what it was. But now it isn’t visible (though good to know I could check the box if I wanted to), so perhaps the defaults changed or something.

Indeed. Most of us can’t attain that level of near-constant presence and activity on the Forum. We’re the true Regulars, while the abnormally active participants should be called … something else.

3 Likes

Stop being so mean! I’m only here because I don’t have a life outside of iNat! And my cat and family and friends I guess…

1 Like

Haha blue, well you’re in the rarified air of “Forum Moderator”, above us bougie “Regulars”.

3 Likes

pfft hmu on discord then I swear I’m a normal humans with emotions and everything

1 Like

Righhhht…

lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.