Time Stamp Incorrect in Android App

I made a quick scan of topics, but didn’t see anything related to this (apologies if it has already been covered).

Platform: Android

App version number: 1.21.15 (482)

timebug3 timebug2 timebug1

When I submit an observation in the app, on the website it shows that the observation happened three hours in the future (I have checked my settings, everything is in EST), as seen in the first two images I attached (note the ‘in 3h’ on the first one!). When I go in to edit the time (third image), it has the correct time for which I made the observation. If I click submit without altering it, it is still the incorrect time, but if I retype out the time, it changes. Not a huge inconvenience, but quite odd, and only started happening recently.

Step 1: Make an observation in the android app and submit it

Step 2: Go to the website, here the observation should show (at least for me) that it is three hours in the future

Step 3: If you try to edit the observation, the time should be the correct time. Click submit (without altering the time) and it should still be the incorrect time.

I have now noticed that the time stamp on the observation on the website is in UTC, which would explain the time difference. That being said, in the attached screenshot, and when going in to edit it, it is still in EST.

How did you make this observation? Can you please send log files from the app and make sure to click on April 11th for the start date? To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

Sorry, should have specified that. I took the photo using the phone camera app, and then added them into the iNat app. I checked, and the phone camera is adding the correct time to the file. I just sent the log files, I hope it works!

1 Like