Trends tab does not fully refresh when navigating to a different taxon page

I was looking at the taxon page for Aristidoideae, then in the top right corner typed in Thamnophis to view that taxon page instead. That yielded this “mixed” trends tab:

It happens every time I try this in Windows 10 / Chrome.

for me, there may be mixing for a short period after selecting the new taxon, but then everything on the page eventually updates to the new taxon. so maybe it just needs some time to retrieve information for the new taxon?

It’s not just that info about the first taxon is on the new page, but also new information about that taxon is being generated:

Original page:
only shows “Trending: Most-observed taxa in the last month”

New info added about the grasses after searching for Thamnophis:
“Discoveries: Most recent newly-identified species in this taxon”

(Which I would kind of like seeing, even though grasses aren’t listed as a complete taxon on iNat)
Why is iNat “adding” that new info when I’m loading content about a different group? Is it actually loaded, but hidden from view on the grass page?

I’ll add it to my next weekly report.

just to clarify, i’m going to attach some screenshots of what i see. first, i’ll start by pulling up Grasses on the Taxon screen:

now i’ll pull up Garter Snakes. below are two screenshots. the one on the left is what i see for maybe 2 seconds, before it’s replaced by what i see on the right:

(so when i said before that there may be “mixing for a short period”, that short period is that ~2 seconds it takes for the left screenshot to be changed to the right screenshot.)

looking at the network monitor in my browser’s developer tools, i don’t see the page requesting any information for Grasses when i pull up Garter Snakes. however, even though the Discoveries (aka /identifications/recent_taxa) are not shown when Grasses are pulled up on the Taxon page, that page is still fetching that information in the background:

translating the request made by the page into something more readable by a human, the taxa that i see retrieved look the same as the ones i see momentarily when i first pull up Garter Snakes from Grasses:

so judging by what you’re describing and what i’m seeing on my end, it seems like there are 2 potential issues:

1. why is the page even retrieving recent taxa for Grasses, if it’s not displaying it?
  2. (for bouteloua but not for pisum) why does the page not replace Discoveries for Grasses with ones for Garter Snakes when you subsequently pull up Garter Snakes? (@bouteloua – you might be able to provide more insight into this problem if you look to see how your browser is handling the recent_taxa request for Garter Snakes. is the request failing? is it applying some sort of unexpected parameters when making the request?)