Troubleshooting storage in iOS 3.1

It was still using 8 GB of space and saw only a conversion of 3seconds and appearing after that…but it seems i have to launch it several times ? Once i had huge succes after rebooting my iPhone but that is not necessary at the moment ?

3 Likes

Can you please navigate to the settings screen in the iOS app, scroll to the bottom so the version and image cache settings are displayed, make a screenshot, and post it here?

Also, can you please confirm that you’ve left the app several times (and done other things for a minute or two) since updating, and that you’re putting the app in the background and not force quitting the app?

Actually i did not understood this part.

1. NO Also, can you please confirm that you’ve left the app several times
    What is leave ? Are going to Google Maps, Google photos and Log out ? Reading a news, journal or newspaper app ? Yes i did that.

2. The app was not in the foreground, the News App and email app was. and that you’re putting the app in the background and not force quitting the app?

3. I did not quite the app. I just updated it 5 hours ago.

4. Algemeen->Iphone storage->3thrd: iNaturalist 7,28GB

Nothing is happening in 7hours iOs13.3(?)

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your comment and I can’t tell if you’ve answered my question here. Are you force quitting the app to leave it? Or just pressing the home button / swiping up to put the app in the background?

Here is how to “force quit” an app in iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330
If you do this, the app will not be able to clean up the image database.

1. I am not forcequitting the app to leave it
  2. I do press the home button to get the screens to go to another app

Iphone SE 2020

But i will wait, no problem as ther is not happening that much, i often have activated energy savings.

iOs13.3(?)

OK, please keep an eye on it, thanks. Background processing in iOS isn’t guaranteed, and sometimes the operating system will not allow us to finish a cleanup task if there isn’t enough battery or if other apps or other work need to use the processor or system memory. Hopefully it will be allowed to finish soon and you will see a drop in storage usage.

1 Like

I thought nothing was happingen but another 72hours later there is some decrease in space (400MB less). It seems the process is slowly ? Does anybody know if it consumes juice, battery power ? iOs13.3(?)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.