Unconstructive complaints & grievances

I notice that the description for the “General” forum says that it is not a place “to post unconstructive complaints/grievances”. The question then arises, where should I post unconstructive complaints & grievances? :-)

17 Likes

Here, apparently

15 Likes

Well, then, I’ll get to it! :-)

2 Likes

Well, Festivus is just around the corner, so it’s not too early to start compiling your grievances.

12 Likes

Well, I have some grievances. First: my phone is never handy when I spot something amazing in nature. Or I’m too enthralled to think of getting a photo.
Second: The neighbors Pitt Bull keeps attacking the rooster, and I feel helpless. Poor rooster has no spurs left, is blind in one eye, and has lost his fight. He’s become my buddy…
Wait…what kind of grievances are we supposed to grieve about?

I have another grievance I thought important to add…these lady beetles that everyone calls “lady bugs”, are driving me mad. In my hair, in my house, flying on my face…They’re annoying. And why can’t they just pick a color and stick with it? Orange, burnt umber, two spots, eight spots, reddish, no spots. They’re so indecisive.

24 Likes

You are a master unconstructive griever.

5 Likes

wait, your neighbors have only one pit bull and one rooster?

must be nice :unamused:

1 Like

As long as we’re griping unconstructively, the most interesting-looking topics on this forum are locked.

9 Likes

You can pm any forum manager and they can open those topics.

2 Likes

…but then my gripe wouldn’t be unconstructive!

18 Likes

I’ve been tempted to start another thread here on this & related issues.

I understand the need for moderation in forums like this, since I’ve spent my share of time (mostly, more than a decade ago) in the internet’s “wild west” where practically any misbehavior seems to be tolerated. But the threshold for closing threads seems to be unhelpfully low here.

5 Likes

The leash often does seem rather short. Sometimes you just have to let the dogs run and let them pee where they will.

4 Likes

We appreciate the moderation. It makes us feel capable of participating. We don’t participate in other traditional social media and never have and don’t intend to

6 Likes

I want more ducks. Gimmi more ducks to photo. Why don’t more ducks live in my area. We got ponds and stuff.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Muting a forum category

You should visit South America.

Plenty of quackers and big honkers to be found.

1 Like

Is it the lack of observers or SA really has only so few of them?

1 Like

Lack of observers, I think.

There’s an abundance of habitats that can sustain a variety of species.

So many beautiful species! I want to see them all!

I checked avibase list, it’s a little bit longer, I guess the region just has many more different groups that use the same places. I’m just very surprised by that.
https://avibase.bsc-eoc.org/checklist.jsp?lang=RU&p2=2&list=clements&synlang=RU&region=SAM&version=images&lifelist=&highlight=0