Upload button missing (Android 1.18.5)

There is no upload button when trying to upload an observation from the android app.

Note: the app was downloaded through the apk file and installed on a Xiaomi 11

Platform Android

App version number: 1.18.5 (411)

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: none as upload does not work

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: go to upload an observation

Step 2: acquire image from the gallery or directly from the in-app camera

Step 3: fill in all the information needed, but no button to upload the observation

There is not an upload button in this screen, do you mean the confirm-button (on the upper right)?
:white_check_mark:

1 Like

The name may not be the right one, but the button at the bottom of the screen that is used to agree on the upload. The whole “bottom panel” is missing, I forgot what’s on the bottom right, but there is the delete button on the bottom left I think I remember.

1 Like

There is a confirm button on the upper right, there hasn’t been an upload button at this step

1 Like

Black on black, but yes indeed there it is! Thank you very much!

This is a pretty old version of the app, newer versions have a large green checkmark button on the bottom:

Are you in some sort of dark mode? Is it a third party app or part of your system software?

2 Likes

The confusion indeed comes from the fact that I expected a big green button at the bottom.

The app version is the one available without restriction in China (but maybe not the only one) and no dark mode or anything special, it’s just the way it looks on this phone (Xiaomi 11).

Interestingly, everything loads on this phone, none of the map problems we spoke about a few months back, so now that I know where the upload button is, I like it like that!

Amael

2 Likes