Использование флористического списка на стороннем ресурсе при создании проекта - Using a floristic list on a third-party resource when creating a project

У меня есть флористический список региона на стороннем ресурсе: https://www.plantarium.ru/page/flora/id/1092.html
Можно ли как-нибудь его перенести в проект, не вбивая каждый вид отдельно вручную?

1 Like

Hi @leschij. I added an English translation to the subject and put it in the General category rather than Feature Requests. I see your question translated as:

I have a floristic list of the region on a third-party resource: https://www.plantarium.ru/page/flora/id/1092.html
Is there any way to transfer it to the project without driving each view separately manually?

Can you explain in more detail how you want to use an external floristic list? From the translation, I am unsure if you want it to appear as a link on a species page (e.g. add a link to Флора Беларуси for Abies alba on iNaturalist), or if you want to use the external list to define rules for a Traditional Project or Collection Project on iNaturalist. If it is the latter, it would help to understand the goals and scope of the project.

Нужен список вида для проекта или для региона? Для региона можно добавить, а вот чисто для проекта если я не знаю, только отдельно таксоны вбивать по идее.
Всё-таки, наверное, для региона, чтобы использовать его в проекте, вот тут, через Места, можно добавить пакетом. https://www.inaturalist.org/check_lists/7937-Belarus-Check-List
Для отдельных регионов можно создать места и так же создать к ним списки таксонов, правда, я сама не знаю, как создавать их, мне к Московской области куратор создала.

Как проект. В идеале хотелось бы, что бы данный список учитывал ИИ, когда даёт предложения по возможным видам, всё же не раз он мне предлагал американские виды, которых у нас ещё нет.

Спасибо, про эту функцию не знал. Надо будет разобраться в оной.

Пока что ИИ не различает регионы, но собираются в дальнейшем менять его, по крайней мере по континентам, списки пока далеки от полноты, чтобы их использовать, есть причина их дополнить.)

It seems common that American species are suggested in at least some areas outside of North America. This was true when I was in Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, and South Africa. It seemed to me that this occurred most commonly of species that had a low count of member observations. It happened most when I was looking for visually similar rather than by observations or checklists as offered in the Identify modal.

2 Likes

It works in any place with low numbers of observations of needed taxon, it shows only local species only if all of them (those that are similar) have lots of photos, otherwise at least some will be american. It’s only because USA have more observations of similar species, some groups can always suggest other species, e.g. Steatoda capensis have lots of observations and was proposed for any European Steatoda-like spider before other species got higher numbers.

1 Like

The model is trained on iNaturalist observations and photos, and thus does better in places where there have historically been a lot of iNaturalist observations (North America, New Zealand, Hong Kong, etc). Training each model takes months, so it’s done about twice a year. With the large influx of observations from Russian and surrounding countries over the last year, I imagine the next model will be improved in those areas.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.