What does “Mark as reviewed” mean?

What does “Mark as reviewed” mean, particularly as it applies to items that have NOT been identified by an additional iNaturalist member? What does unchecking the box do?

3 Likes

Items that you have marked as reviewed will not show up in Identify mode for you in the future. It will not affect what anybody else sees.

9 Likes

Thank you! I’ve noticed that the box seems to be automatically checked when I add an identification—does that impact the likely hood that another identifier will verify/disagree with my identification?

2 Likes

It has literally no effect on anybody else. It’s a check mark for you only to indicate that you’ve looked at the observation and presumably don’t need to revisit it.

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s like the iNat equivalent of an email inbox marking opened emails as read.

6 Likes

I’m glad someone asked this. I was wondering the same thing. :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks! I was afraid to add comments to my observations because I didn’t know what that box might do. I searched all the tabs of “getting started” as well as the FAQ without finding the word “reviewed”. Perhaps it should be there. Another idea: a search function within the help pages of the site. The one here on the forum worked perfectly.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.