What's on your personal wishlist?

Dang, lot of yours on that list I have observations of xD you should come south!

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope to see at least some of them! I’ll add more species as I somehow missed many groups. Waiting to see more lists like that, that’s a funny way to spend time.)

1 Like

Ha! Your not the first to recommend that.

Good news, I have pictured a few of the species on that list such as a species of North American Deer Mice (alive), two Red Foxes (alive), a European Firebug (dead), and an egg sack of an European Mantis.

All I have to do is upload them, which could take a while. I over 200 photos to upload right now!

1 Like

Why won’t you upload them first if they’ll count as new species for your account?
Though 200 photos aren’t many, so we will see those soon anyway.)

1 Like

I usually try to upload photos in the order in which I took them. These 200 photos span a week. Though, not all photos are worth uploading and many will be deleted.

I have transferred the photos from my camera to my computer and will begin to upload them tonight.

Wow, that’s a long time! Will be checking to see them!

Thank you, there are some really cool species I saw that I can’t wait to share! I’ll put links to a few of them here once they are uploaded.

2 Likes

congrats!

We have gray fox on our land, and all I have is game cam photos of them. I’d love to see them in person sometime. they’re so neat! I haven’t seen red fox there, but have in alabama in other places, like you no photo though. I did take a video of the one hoping through the field at sunset but it was years ago and lost it on old phone before my iNat days.

1 Like

Actually, I just got a few photos of two Red Foxes in a forest. I’m only really happy with one of the them. Both a den and a dead (possibly hunted) Eastern Cottontail were seen as well.

I returned to the area the next day but I wasn’t able to spot them.

1 Like

On another note, I got a photo of a Northern Flicker today; my first one! It’s not the best but it’ll do. Plus, I also got a recording of its call.

2 Likes

Those humuhumunukunukuapua’a are pretty shy and don’t hang out where normal snorkeling and diving takes place, so seeing one is a gift.

1 Like

Too many to list. But I would love to see an adult Phidippus audax (a large black jumping spider) for myself. They are the most “common” species in Texas, even my mom has been them. And yet I haven’t seen a single one.

3 Likes

EVERYTHING!!! (to an extent)
; )

4 Likes

Let’s see, of the species I haven’t seen yet, there’s the California kingsnake and the California mountain kingsnake, arboreal salamanders, the California tiger salamander, the whole collection of California ensatina species, and pretty much every owl species in the Western U.S. I think my list would also include quite a number of species that I have seen but haven’t managed to get decent photos of: long-tailed weasels, American pika, mourning cloak butterflies, burrowing owls, snowy owls, bobcats, mountain lions… And American black bears. I have a good set of photos of a young black bear in Grand Tetons, but I’d especially like to get some mother and cubs pictures (from a safe distance of course).

1 Like

Ditto! Especially species I don’t even know exist (yet)!

4 Likes

Exactly!

Although i’ve been living in Mexico for many years, there are still many things I haven’t seen yet. Rare birds of prey like Spizaetus hawk-eagles are among my top dreams. Also I have many dream butterflies of all kind.

3 Likes

Just got a blurry gray fox on our wildlife cam set out today, i love seeing that they are still here (don’t know why they would leave, but nice that they’re still around :) )

4 Likes

The observation of the Rex Foxes are up. Click the link!

https://inaturalist.ca/observations/116029985

2 Likes

That depends on which one you mean. As I read on Wikipedia, the common name refers to both the Reef Triggerfish and the Lagoon Triggerfish, and the Lagoon Triggerfish does not seem to be that hard to find:
Observations · iNaturalist

That’s most species when I go to a new area, and most species for which there aren’t field guides.