Why won't the hand point?

This is a weird one. I am looking at a map of observations and when I try to click on one I get a full-fingered hand, which just moves the map around, instead of an arrow pointer or pointing hand which opens the observation. How can I make it stop doing that?

Zoom further, what is happening means you miss the observation spot, it’s partly due to how they’re shown on the map, so when you zoom it more it’s much harder to miss.

4 Likes

I often have to zoom in a lot - to get iNat to open that one for me
There is a very tiny area, not quite where you expect it in the centre, which you have to hit just so, to get a reaction.
Use mouse, mouse pad, not the touchscreen.

1 Like

Gosh a mighty, that is ridiculously hard to hit that spot. I spend more time doing that than reading the observations. And when I zoom in it just keeps going and all I get is blank space. WIll keep trying to find that sweet spot. Wish the pointer hand was more precise like an arrow. Many thanks!

4 Likes

Are you using app or website? Doing that on app is almost pointless, it never works.

2 Likes

Always use the website for reviewing observations and researching. I marvel at people who can read teeny type and icons on phones. Youth!

2 Likes

if it doesn’t seem to select it correctly, try hovering the mouse a little lower below the pin than you would normally… It’s working fine for me just now as I experimented with this, but usually I find that I need to be a few pixels lower than I would expect… it might vary depending on the zoom level though.

3 Likes

It is that - not quite aligned where you expect it to be, which requires extra eye hand coordination training. I am learning …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.