Wildflower season

Anyone know if wildflower season has started? I recently started seeing more skeleton weeds and purple and yellow flowers from the grass and I was wondering if it was that time of the year or if I missed it.

If I haven’t missed it can I have some tips about observing wildflowers please?

2 Likes

What part of the world are you referring to?

2 Likes

In arizona

1 Like

A look at the photos in an Explore search for “flowering plants” in Arizona during the last week indicates that there are currently plants in bloom in Arizona. You can change the search parameters to narrow down the location within the state. https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?d1=2021-05-12&d2=2021-05-19&photos&place_id=40&subview=map&taxon_id=47125&view=species

1 Like

Will do thanks for the feedback

1 Like

I think that wasn’t filtered for Arizona after all. But you can put in dates either for this year or other years in “Explore” to see what others have seen during any date range you want.

3 Likes

It was filtered in Arizona and this was really helpful since its showing the most observed plants so far

2 Likes

Oh, good. I hope you find some good places.

3 Likes

The blooms at lower elevations have come and gone, but the flowers are just starting to take off in the Sierras. Sequoia Nat’l Park has been posting some lovely Pacific dogwood pictures lately. Depending which part of AZ you’re in, that could be a good weekend roadtrip.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.