*Should I post pictures of dead “pests”? *
I have a relative who has had to lay out some rat traps in some outer buildings (sheds, garages, etc). These are NOT catch-and-release or humane traps; They’re old school snap traps and lethal glue traps.
The snap traps have been successful.
I’m pretty sure posting observations of them is permitted. What I’m not sure of is if it is considered appropriate.
I’d like to hear the community’s opinion:
- You shouldn’t post exterminated organisms.
- Go ahead and post exterminated organisms.
- I have no feelings or opinions either way.
Here is my dilemma:
- As far as I know pics of accidental (roadkill, birdstrike, etc) kills by humans are permitted,
- Pictures of intentional (hunting, fishing, etc) sometimes get some flack in comments on the observation
- mousetraps have been mentioned in a few forum topics (like the “You know you’re seriously into iNat when…”, “Hard to love species”, etc) and noone seemed upset.
I’d love to see your opinions.