You know you're seriously into iNat when

…When you a stranger sees you doing some kind of a weird jig because you spotted a lifer. Trust me it’s awkward.

8 Likes

… When your internet goes down for three days and you drive to Bojangles to submit your observations and Identify around 500 observations when your internet finally is restored.

6 Likes

This is unrelated to the thread, but I love Bojangles!! Too bad we don’t have them here in S Florida. I always like stopping by them whenever I’m up north. Anyway, good work :+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t the slightest what you people are talking about (a restaurant, probably?) but my first thought when I saw @wildlife13’s post was that Bojangles was a country. I think if you drive to another country just to upload observations, you’re definitely seriously into iNat!

4 Likes

A few days ago I stopped to take a picture of a quail, and by the time I finished the others were 50 feet away… Worth it.

2 Likes

insert Kirby victory dance here

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think Bojangles are found up north or west as much as in the carolinas.

They make the best Fried Chicken and biscuits.

1 Like

Willing to get bit by mosquitos to take pictures of them on your arms or hands.

6 Likes

I have done that.

Me too, but only because they don’t carry nasty diseases around here. I wouldn’t do that in some places.

I wouldn’t dare do that in the tropics for instance.

8 Likes

and they are open on sundays! and fast! and delish! i actually just grabbed lunch there today. Cajun chicken filet biscuit with pimento cheese yummmm

So weird:

Because I am from up north (Michigan, close to Canada and Tim Horton’s country :P) and I think of Bojangles as a southern chain (I’m now in Alabama).

I’ve also uploaded observations from Bojangles…so maybe that’s an iNat thing?

5 Likes

I’ve uploaded observations from bojangles too

Well, from your profile I can’t identify where you are. But I do know that mosquito-borne diseases are not just tropical; several of the encephalitis viruses are native to temperate North America, including eastern equine, western equine, and St. Louis encephalitis. California has its own: California encephalitis; Jamestown Canyon encephalitis originated in Colorado, and La Crosse encephalitis in Wisconsin. And that was before the arrival of West Nile virus, which is also established throughout much of Europe.

3 Likes

Or truly ANY non-iNat related shot.

6 Likes

I was just walking my dog in the rain when I found a large leech crossing the pavement a few metres from my house. It wasn’t suitable conditions for a photo so I picked it up and carried it home. One of those, too busy enjoying the cool creature and not noticing it probably looked like I picked up dog poo with my bare hands, moments. :poop:

7 Likes

I suppose there can be something here as well, but adding one more bite to the thousand I’d get anyway, won’t make a difference. :wink:

1 Like

I just noticed I’ve developed something of an aversion to cultivated plants. I constantly scan my environment for potential observations, so if I can easily label something as cultivated I dismiss it as “boring”. Plants that may or may not be cultivated generate an internal sigh as I prepare to add to the workload of identifiers who must make the decision I could not - whether said plant was worthy of a verifiable observation.

3 Likes