You know you're seriously into iNat when

…and a girl that really likes you, goes frog hunting with you just to spend time with you, because she knows you are an Inatter.

14 Likes

Like her back!!!

5 Likes

Pennywise would absolutely get me with this line

22 Likes

…other people tell you to not bring your phone to the park and observe nature instead, but the reason you have your phone when you go to the park is because you want to observe nature.

12 Likes

How has this thread been active for 4 years?

4 Likes

…because we’re seriously into iNat

27 Likes

When you want an iNat bumper sticker and, since the iNat store doesn’t offer them, design your own and order a few from an online print shop.

13 Likes

Yeah, me too! Understanding that neither Pennywise nor bugs and other living things down there are NOT “IT” for us….we’d go, camera in hand.

4 Likes

Can you share your design?

1 Like

I would be happy to, if I can figure out how… Let me work on that.

1 Like

…when you get all hot and argumentative about whether a genushybrid is a valid taxon.

2 Likes

When you see your little Sis’ again after a week or so and you try to figure out,what happened inbetween and you don’t want to miss to tell her… and you go: “Do you know about Clickbeetles?”

If you play around with that AI app and go:

"Please create a learning sheet for me about Nymphalidae in lower Saxony. List some Species including their certain names and their scientific names. Tell me some facts. Give me some tasks and let me know the points for each task done. Make it fun and learning. Create it diversified. "

And so on… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My family does volunteer work for the local animal shelter and I try to do this. I’m the only person to have observations of parvo and canine coronavirus which I did by posting positive tests. I don’t think the dogs have minded the confidentiality breach. I was actually shocked to see the lack of taxonomy for dog viruses since so many people have dogs.

5 Likes

@kevintoo, here’s the bumper sticker. Please pardon the crappy photo; it’s rainy and dark here today.

22 Likes

When you start being able to just tell that the bee you’re taking pictures of is not going to have a lot of observations.

I was right. The species doesn’t even have a common name yet, it’s just called Osmia chalybea, with only 280 observations so far!

6 Likes

…when impending iNat downtime is a serious bummer.

16 Likes

…when you know that an insect with 50+ observations is super popular

1 Like

My son made a joke and said he was going to die. Lol.

5 Likes

Stop! This is literally me! XD

… or you measure your finger nail, because its some sort of consistent measurement, and use that as your ruler.

This is why I’ve been considering getting a practical ruler tattoo on one of my hands somewhere.

3 Likes