'z' to zoom in identify mode now zooms to edge instead of center

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): browser (on mac + linux).

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Previously, pressing ‘z’ while identifying would blow up the photo but keep the center of the photo at the center of the viewing area. Since sometime today (2023/12/19) it now zooms to the leftmost edge of the photo, meaning the subject is almost always cut off entirely. When identifying insects I almost always want to zoom to see better, and this makes that now require mouse interference on every single observation.

Step 1: open identify modal

Step 2: press ‘z’ on keyboard

1 Like

I can reproduce using Chrome

Replicated on Chrome in Windows 10.
Chrome is Version 120.0.6099.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) and up to date.

This was a potential fix for an issue we were coming across where Z wasn’t always zooming at all, but it ended up causing this problem instead, sorry about that. We’ll roll it back today.

Has anyone pressed Z and had it not work for them at all? It’s been happening to me lately but I can’t come up with a replicatable set of steps to consistently reproduce it.

OK, this is has been fixed.

3 Likes