Adding members to a project in iNaturalist

Hello all, I am new to the community and to the iNaturalist online tool. I just created a project. However, I cannot figure out how to add members!! Please help. It seems like the most basic thing to do, but I can’t figure it out. Bryce

Hi Bryce,

People can join your project by clicking ‘join’. Is this what you mean?

Also if you made a collection project, you can configure it to only count observations made by certain people. Is this what you mean?

It might help us understand how to help better if you pasted in a link to your project and described what you’re trying to do.

Thank you. I thought I could invite them as members. But it appears not… I will ask people to find my project and join. Thanks. HOpefull that works. Bryce

Welcome aboard! I too am a relatively new user having just started a month ago on April the fourth. I think the most important advice I received during the last 30 days was the recommendation to wait until I had 50 observations before making a new project:

I had made only a single observation and thought I needed a project to work with a group but now realize that a project was not a good solution for my particular needs. I have also benefited greatly from engaging in identification and I would heartily recommend trying some identifications in an area in which one feels comfortable before setting up projects.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.