Android App ID feature often "offline"

While in the android app, I often run into the ID feature saying it’s offline, whether typing in what you know is a species or if you are looking to compare to what it could potentially be. This happens when I’ve connected to wifi at home or other places of business and when I’ve been using wifi on my phone. Usually after a few hours it seems to reset. It’s been happening to me this time since about 3pm yesterday. I’ve tried stopping the app, resetting, etc. Anyone else having issues with this?

Hmm, I have never run into this bug myself. Was yesterday the first time it started happening?

Next time it happens, you can send a log file to help@inaturalist.org right after the bug or crash occurs. To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to help@inaturalist.org. Screenshots are helpful too.

Hi @ncbeck is this still happening for you?

Closing since the app has been updated many times since June. Please open up a new bug report if you’re still experiencing this issue.