Android App looping through syncing even after uninstalling and reinstalling app

Platform: Android
App version number: 1.28.10 (563)

Description of problem:

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it twice. I have logged out and logged back in. I have tried turning autosync on and off. I have tried clearing the cache and all the app data. But the app still keeps on automatically syncing at start up and then loops through “preparing”, “syncing”, and “cleaning”.

If I press “resume” during this process, the app stops looping. But, it begins looping again any time that I switch to another app or go into a different menu within the iNaturalist app.

Right before this happened, I was uploading some observations and the app was slow and crashed a few times. I exited the app, restarted my phone, and then I began trying to upload my observations again. But my phone forced an update while the observations were loading.

1 Like

I’ll also add that none of the photos from my previously uploaded observations are loading.

The lack of pictures might be related to a bug that was live in our API for a couple hours today. Could you please check if pictures are loading now? Thanks!

1 Like

The looping has stopped, seemingly on its own. I logged out and then back in, and now photos are loading. It looks like the issues have been fixed

3 Likes

Ive had the looping aswell and can confirm its gone now

2 Likes

I am still having this issue with the Android app as of this morning. My observations are automatically syncing upon opening the app or when I return to my observation page. I do not have auto-sync on, and I do not hit the upload button. Sometimes it tries to sync even though there are no new observations to sync.