App Crashes In Explore

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.22.1 (488)

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

As I scroll down the Explore page of the app, performance gradually decreases until the app crashes. Is there a buffer limit on what gets loaded, or does it just keep loading more and more data as I scroll? It is acting like the latter.

Also, when I am clicking on observations, just about every other one opens with a loading wheel that persists until I back out of the observation and reload it.

I’ve been experiencing something similar while using the app. It doesn’t crash for me but for some reason the explore page takes way to long to load. I have the wait like 5 minutes for it just to load. I mainly use the app for adding observations to my account and use the website for looking at observations by other people. I think this is due to the iNaturalist explore page using a older code then the rest of the site. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the explore page will only be updated when the rest of the site gets updated? This doesn’t really solve your issue but I wanted to let you know that this is happening to me, and give you some ideas on ways to solve this. Hope this helps a little bit!

The next time this happens can you please re-open the app and send log files from it to help@inaturalist.org? To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

Would also be helpful to know which device you’re using, I’m wondering if it’s an out of memory error.