Batch delete observations from a project based on area - is that possible?

Hello everyone!

A few years ago, I created a defined area for a project in my University, but I forgot to set the rule that only observations made within that area would be accepted. I’ve rectified this now, so observations must fall within the specified area to be included.

However, I’ve noticed that many older observations from outside the defined area are still linked to the project. While I’ve been able to delete them individually, there are quite a lot. Is there a way to batch delete all these observations from outside the area in one go?

Thank you all for your help! :)

if you’re not the observer of these observations, you’d have to leverage the API for this. this thread notes at least a couple of ways to add observations to projects and at least one way of removing observations from projects: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/bulk-selection-of-observations-to-add-to-a-project/1747, but these are not the only options, as there are many ways to interact with the API.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.