Blanding's Turtle (Emydoidea blandingii) not appearing on place list

https://inaturalist.ca/observations/33001162
I created a new life list for observations at this PLACE. All of my appropriate observations have shown up on the list, except my two observations of BLANDING’S TURTLE. The species name shows up, but no observations! I actually delete this observation and then re-submitted it but still no success. I have run the list tools to RE-APPLY LIST RULES and RELOAD FROM OBSERVATIONS; still no! I have deleted and re-created the list; no go!
Any ideas or suggestions?
Help!
Bruce

Hi Bruce, welcome! What’s happening is that because Blandings turtles are endangered in Canada and there’s concern about poaching, the automatically applied taxon geoprivacy is obscured, meaning that the location is obscured from precise view by others, to the extent that it will not be listed in the places where it was actually found, beyond major political units like province and county).

This is one of the major disadvantages of trying to protect endangered species locations using this mechanism on iNaturalist, unfortunately.

If you click “Details” in the lower right corner of the map, there is some explanation of the obscuration.

4 Likes

Thanks Carrie.
Frustrating, but somewhat understandable situation.

2 Likes