Blurry photos on iOS app camera roll page

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 3.0, build 594

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : N/A

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: N/A

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: click observe

Step 2: click camera roll

Step 3: see screenshot- they’re blurry. For comparison, I’ve added a screenshot of what my photo library currently looks like. This is an issue because it makes choosing the clearest photos for ID difficult in app.

Lol your camera roll looks like my camera roll.

Have you tried submitting an observation and checking if that photo ends up blurry? What I do usually is actually make a separate album and put the photos I want to upload on iNat there first.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely a viable solution, thanks! I also just kinda wanted to give feedback about the iOS app update but didn’t know a better way to do it.

2 Likes

I have the recent iOS version and I don’t see the blurry photo issue you described. Have you tried restarting the app too to see if the problem repeats?

1 Like

I have tried restarting it, yes. No luck.

Welcome to the Forum!

2 Likes

Which version of iOS is your device running?

iOS version 14.0, the newest (and not great if you ask me) update.

1 Like

Thank you!

I should clarify- once posted, the photos are no longer blurry. It’s just when browsing the camera roll within the app that the photos are blurry.

2 Likes

Thanks. For what it’s worth, we plan on using the new built-in iOS 14 photo chooser in future updates. It’s looking good on my iPhone XS in the beta release.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: iOS App 3.0 - Camera in app cannot focus well

That was what I meant when I asked that question.

I totally misread your initial question, yikes! Sorry.